An eighteen year old girl from Nottingham has been found dead after a fatal incident involving a bag of ecstasy.
Becky Brock, described as a ‘gifted law student’ was found unresponsive in her room at the Hotel Marco Polo. It was discovered by police that Brock ingested ‘double the fatal amount’ of the class A drug in her system. Brock’s mother, Margarita, told investigators that she believes that her daughter may have been forced to swallow the bag of drugs. She stated through tears that Becky would not have willingly taken the bag of ecstasy, since she had the inability to swallow tablets.
Also, Margarita adds that her daughter had been open with her in the past about her experimentation with drugs such as cocaine, but does not think that she would have taken that much ecstasy in one go.
‘She said to her sister afterwards that she didn’t like it so she didn’t have to worry. She was very clear about what she let into her body and what she didn’t.’
‘It was my understanding that there had been found material removed from her abdomen. It was described as a body pack.’
During her trip to Ibiza, it was reported that Becky had taken a liking to the University of Holland and was keen to experience the end of season parties offered in the area. She was followed by two friends Hannah and Elle, who were also celebrating birthdays at the time. On the trip, however, no one had saw Becky ingest any type of drug during her time until her body was found. How it ended up in her system, taken purposefully or not, remains in question.
According to the toxicology report, Becky had passed away about 48 hours before she was found in her room. She had about 0.54 g of alcohol in her system, and a fatal concentration of ecstasy.
‘She would have died around half-an-hour from when ecstasy entered her blood stream to when she died – that is working on the assumption that she has never taken it before.’
There were no signs of Trauma to Becky’s body, only evidence of the bag rupturing in her system.