‘Intelligent and talented’ 21-yr-old student dies after consuming 2.3g of MDMA

mdma

Calum Gill, a law student from Sutton Coldfield, was on his way to BBC’s Radio 1 big music festival in Hull with friends when he suddenly fell ill.

Gill, 21 at the time, had previously swallowed a fatal dose of the drug MDMA after hiding it in paracetamol capsules. While on the double decker headed to the three day event, he reportedly fell over and began having a seizure.

Despite an off duty nurse and police officer’s efforts to revive him, Gill tragically passed away at a nearby hospital after suffering multiple attacks cause by the effects of the drug.

According to the toxicology report, the student had consumed about 2,313mg (2.3 grams) of the Class A drug MDMA.

Commenting on the case, pathologist Dr Laszlo Karsai told Hull coroner’s court: “Levels above 1,800 are in the toxic range and anything beyond that can be fatal.”

Friends and family described Gill as a being “intelligent and talented,” and
“on the cusp of life with the world at his feet.”

SOURCEthesun
Angel Park
Angel Park is an avid EDM supporter and proud Philly native. Her hobbies include writing (obviously), petting cute dogs and searching for the next best "wubz" to throw down to. Get in touch with her via Email.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.